Wednesday was hard. Ruth had a dentist appointment in the afternoon and our little 6-year-old has much anxiety when it comes to the dentist. I asked for prayer during the ladies prayer time Wednesday morning, knowing that it could be a hard appointment and sure enough, when the time came, we needed all the prayers we could get.
Getting to and attempting to get through the appointment was just rough.
But the community God placed around us rallied in such support that we felt and saw His love in action:
- Kristy, Hannah Jane, Melissa, and others praying without ceasing.
- Sarah watching our kids so Allen and I could both go with Ruth to the appointment… and washing our dishes for us!
- The dental hygienist and dentist being so patient with our daughter and our French.
- Kristy and David bringing pizza, chocolate, and juice boxes for dinner.
- Rolen and Sarah, Liz, and Melissa who came by to encourage us and just be.
The other day, I was reading through Philemon and several verses stood out to me and made me think of our community here in Sherbrooke and all over the world.
I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers, because I hear about your love for all his holy people and your faith in the Lord Jesus. I pray that your partnership with us in the faith may be effective in deepening your understanding of every good thing we share for the sake of Christ. Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the Lord’s people.
Our bodies are tired and emotionally, we’re pretty drained. But our hearts are refreshed at the same time.
Thank you, friends, for your love and your faith. Thank you for your partnership and your encouragement.