Hard to believe, but it’s the final week of our winter term with Parole de Vie! We are studying like crazy for vocabulary, phonetics, oral, and written exams…
But come Thursday or Friday, we will be on a long weekend break! There is a women’s conference at our church this weekend, and Allen is flying to Alaska for a dear friend’s celebration of life service.
Before we share our prayer requests, we want to give an update on Clara’s toe. She had a doctor appointment yesterday where she had more x-rays taken. Praise God, the x-rays showed complete healing and she no longer has to wear a boot. We will keep an eye on her to make sure she is not limping or favoring her foot, but she should be in the clear! Lesson learned: always wear shoes when riding your scooter.
Hudson had an appointment for his arm yesterday, too. He also had more x-rays taken, and sure enough, he has a buckle fracture in his right wrist. He is in a newfangled cast that is waterproof and we can take it off for baths… So hopefully it won’t be too much of a hindrance for Hudson during the next month.
We drove about 2 1/2 hours north east of where we live to visit some friends we knew in Alaska over the weekend. We had an opportunity to share at their church about what God is calling our family to in Togo and we were so encouraged by the love and generosity that was shown to our family. We pray that God uses our words to encourage others to engage in the global work that He is doing in Togo, yes, but also here in Tennessee.
OK, now. Here’s how you can be praying for us:
- Exams. Lots and lots of exams. Specifically, pray that we will be motivated to study and that God will reward that effort with good marks.
- Wisdom and time management. There are so many things we want to do, but only so much time. Pray for wisdom and insight.
- Hudson’s arm. He was complaining about it hurting yesterday, and while we know that healing bones is hard work, we want him to be as comfortable as possible.
- Cindy. Cindy is our dear friend in Alaska who recently lost her husband to cancer. Ken and Cindy have been amazing encouragers to our family and partners in ministry since before we were appointed to Togo. Their love for the Lord, each other, and other people was unparalleled. While we rejoice that Ken is in eternity, we mourn from afar with Cindy. Pray that God will guard and comfort her heart as she fixes her eyes on him.
- Safety as Allen makes a quick trip to Alaska and back this weekend.
OK, back to the French grind stone. Thanks for praying for us this week! To God be the glory.