It’s December 31st, so today is our annual year-in-review post!
Here’s our video recap; below is a monthly look at what God did in our family.
- We shared our idea of Imaginings with our Sunday School class and had a little party to brainstorm imaginings together.
- We celebrated our 6th anniversary.
- Hudson turned one!
- We shared an updated timeline (where literally NOTHING happened like we had planned!!).
- We picked out our shipping container on a snowy Saturday in Anchorage.
- We had some “Wait, what?” moments while buying stuff for our container.
- Our shipping container was delivered.
- We ramped up our shopping to fill the container.
- We started our children’s discipleship lessons.
- I started working from home (thanks, COVID!).
- We started Field Prep Seminar (FPS) online.
- …And our house sold in less than 24 hours!
- We got our Medical Clearance from ABWE.
- We visited some sweet friends in Soldotna, AK.
- We had a fun going-away-party.
- Allen completed his Bachelors Degree!!
- We flew the kids down to Oregon to stay with my parents while we finished stuff in Alaska.
- I had my last day of in-person work with the best people.
- I had a birthday!
- We moved our shipping container to our friends’ house for storage.
- We closed on the sale of our house…and God gave us a rainbow our last night there.
- We drove through Canada in record time with no incidents.
- We settled into daily life in Oregon.
- We saw glimpses of how God continued to prepare us for Togo.
- We took an Islamic studies course and looked for ways to serve.
- Clara turned three!
- We went to the Oregon Coast.
- God provided full funding!!
- We had a fun Partner Zoom Meeting.
- We shared at Bonanza Community Church.
- Allen started making MK Stories – videos featuring missions and life from our kids’ perspectives.
- We took Hudson to the ER.
- God provided housing for us in Tennessee for the fall French course we took.
- We shared some vulnerable thoughts.
- Allen preached every Sunday!
- Allen and I had a long weekend away.
- We packed up all our stuff and went back to the Oregon Coast.
- We flew to Tennessee!
- And we settled into a normal routine.
- We started praying more about our plans for January.
- We celebrated Allen’s birthday.
- We spent a fun weekend with our friends in Knoxville and shared at John Sevier Baptist Church.
- I reconnected with a friend from a mission trip to South Africa over 10 years ago!
- We had family pictures taken by our sweet and talented friend, Ashley!
- We wrapped up our Romans study (finally).
- We finished our French course in Tennessee.
- We took Ruth to the ER.
- We left Tennessee for Alabama!
- Ruth turned five!
- We visited friends in Jasper, AL.
- We had a great time with Allen’s family.
- God provided housing for us back in Tennessee for January.
- We came back to Oregon for Christmas…
And on January 1st, we’re leaving Oregon to drive back to Tennessee!
This year was nothing that we expected… and yet God did abundantly more than all we could ask or imagine. What a ride it is when we follow Him!