I’m writing this post at 3:00am. After Hudson woke up (twice) and went back to bed (twice), I remembered we hadn’t written this yet. So here I am, in the dark, fingers frantically flying across my phone’s keyboard so that I can (hopefully) get some more sleep before the day really begins.
But before we get to that list, I want to share the beautiful sunset we saw Sunday night, driving home from a sweet time of fellowship with Bonanza Community Church.
Everyone had met at a popular camping and fishing site to have a potluck and a time of praise. It was so nice outside, and our kids ran through the grass while Allen played guitar in front of the (very contained and well-guarded) campfire.
And then, on the drive home, we saw this:
I guess it just hit me again that the God who created that beautiful sunset is intimately working in each aspect of our lives. He sees them all and is using the perfect pen strokes to make the exact image He wants. He is blending colors we can’t imagine going together and bringing the whole picture of our lives into focus… as we focus on Him.
So there you go.
We’re praying God does that with these requests, and we’re praying He does that in your life, too.
Current Prayer Requests:
- Because of how uncertain things are with French visas right now, we applied to a language school in Quebec. While we’d still love to be in France, we are mostly just itching to start our studies somewhere! Canada isn’t issuing visas to Americans right now either, so please pray that God will literally open the right borders for our family to begin our studies in January.
- The countdown to Tennessee is on! In about 2 weeks, we’ll be settling into our temporary home there to begin a short French program to kick off our langue acquisition. Pray for a smooth transition, travel logistics (like our kids wearing masks on the flights and in airports), and safety.
- Allen has one more sermon to preach and one more lesson for men’s breakfast to teach at BCC. It’s been so encouraging and fun to see him serving in this capacity. Pray that God will use him boldly.
On-Going Prayer Requests:
- For God’s will and timing for the remainder of 2020 and early 2021.
- For ministry opportunities wherever God plants us.
- For spiritual growth in our individual lives and in our family and for our kids’ salvation.
- Quick understanding of and surprising success in French (and Kabiye) when we begin our studies.
- Smooth shipping and receiving of our container. It is currently being stored in Alaska and we plan to ship it when language school in France is nearly over.
- For teammates getting settled in Togo, that God will bless their ministries and the Togo Central Team.