Tuesday Talk: 8-25-2020
The smoke from fires in California has rolled in and blanketed Eastern Oregon (and I’m sure much of the PNW) with a thick, gray overlay.
Working out, completing outside projects, and even sleeping with the doors or windows open is more difficult. So in addition to the prayer requests and praises we share below, let’s pray for those who are fighting the fires, for those who have lost their homes and more, and for rain to come.
- Hudson took a decent tumble down some stairs last week. We drove the two-hour trip to the ER to make sure he didn’t have any injuries and he checked out just fine. Thank you for praying!
- We are praying through the logistics of taking the seven-week language program in southern TN this fall. Specifically, we need a place to stay (preferably an apartment or house, but a motorhome would work, too) and a babysitter for the kids (half-days, 5-days a week). Pray that God will provide all we need.
- Allen will be teaching and preaching several times in September at Bonanza Community Church. Pray for wisdom and God’s guidance as he prepares.
On-Going Prayer Requests:
- For wisdom in decisions for the remainder of 2020.
- For ministry opportunities now, in France, and in Togo.
- For spiritual growth in our individual lives and in our family and for our kids’ salvation.
- Quick understanding of and surprising success in French (and Kabiye) when we begin our studies.
- Smooth shipping and receiving of our container. It is currently being stored in Alaska and we plan to ship it when language school in France is nearly over.
- For teammates in Togo, that God will bless their ministries.
We are praying for you! And I mean that.