I think we’ve mentioned this before, but our girls have outstanding imaginations. They’re always pretending to be someone else or playing robust games with their toys.
We are quite happy with their imagination, but it often makes for awkward conversations.
For example, we spent yesterday in Klamath Falls running some errands. On our drive back to the ranch, Clara says, “Mom, you’re a superhero!”
I thought, “Wow! How sweet!” And Allen affirmed what Clara said.
And then she said, “No, not YOU, Mom… this mom!” and she held up a little toy she was playing with.
So anyway, there’s that fun story. I’m not a superhero after all.
This Week’s Prayer Requests:
- We had such a fun weekend connecting with people! Our Zoom Partner Get Together on Saturday allowed us to connect with a few partners and we received emails from others who weren’t able to attend. Then on Sunday, we were able to share at Bonanza Community Church about Togo and we had some really encouraging conversations afterward. We think the service was recorded; if so, we’ll share the link here later!
- We received the girls’ passports last week! Thank you for praying!
- We’re still waiting for France to begin issuing visas. Please pray for that to happen ASAP, but more importantly, pray for God’s timing in us leaving for language school.
- Our kids have experienced a lot of loss recently: our dog, our house, packing our belongings into our shipping container, moving, etc. They are struggling and seem to be mourning the changes and associated challenges. So pray for them. Pray for peace in their hearts, for friends here in Oregon, and for their salvation.
On-Going Prayer Requests:
- For wisdom in decisions for the remainder of 2020.
- For ministry opportunities now, in France, and in Togo.
- For spiritual growth in our individual lives and in our family.
- Quick understanding of and surprising success in French (and Kabiye) when we begin our studies.
- Smooth shipping and receiving of our container. It is currently being stored in Alaska and we plan to ship it when language school in France is nearly over.
- For teammates in France and Togo who continue to adapt to life with COVID-19.
Thanks for praying, friends!