Happy August! In Alaska, we would be welcoming rainy weather and preparing for the start of school…
… but in Oregon, it’s still in the 90*s and there’s no rain at all in the forecast. Just lots of side-by-side rides, dirt, and fun!
Also in the forecast: a Zoom Partner Get Together on Saturday, August 8th at 9am Alaska time (12pm Central Time)! We will be sharing a little bit more about what’s going on in our family and what we’re expecting for the rest of the year. If you are on our partnership team but didn’t see an email come through with the Zoom link, let us know or check your junk mail for the MailChimp email.
Now some prayer requests and praises!
- We are done with our Muslim Studies course! God really increased the burden on our hearts for Muslim ministry this summer and we’re excited to see what He does with it. Pray that we will have eyes to see and a heart that is in tune with His.
- Our kids are struggling still with not being in Alaska. “We miss Oggie!” is the constant refrain, accompanied by requests to see photos and videos of our house and yard. We miss it, too, so it’s hard to guide their hearts through these changes when we’re trying to navigate it ourselves.
- Simply put, pray for our hearts to be open and yielded to God.
On-Going Prayer Requests:
- For wisdom in decisions for the remainder of 2020.
- For ministry opportunities now, in France, and in Togo.
- For spiritual growth in our individual lives and in our family.
- For Ruth and Clara’s passport renewals to come in quickly so we can make decisions about the fall.
- Quick understanding of and surprising success in French (and Kabiye) when we begin our studies.
- Smooth shipping and receiving of our container. It is currently being stored in Alaska and we plan to ship it when language school in France is nearly over.
- For teammates in Togo who continue to adapt to COVID-19 and it’s affects on life.
Thanks, friends. We’re praying for you, too.