Clara received some birthday money last week, so when we went to town yesterday, we let her pick out a present. You’ll never guess what she wanted.
A doll? Nope.
A book? Nope.
Dress up stuff? Nope.
A frog, y’all. She wanted a rubber frog.
Well, actually, she wanted a rubber lizard first and then a rubber spider, but we convinced her to get the frog. And she spent a lot of her time in the store and in the car stretching it’s legs out and laughing.
If any little girl was made for Togo, it’s our Clara Belle.
So in addition to praying that Ruth will quickly get over her fear of that silly rubber frog, here’s how you can be praying for our family:
- Allen and I are traveling to ABWE headquarters in Pennsylvania on Thursday for a few days for our Safety & Security Training. Please pray for safety, health, and a fun time together. Our kids are staying here in Oregon, so pray for them and my parents as well!
- God is moving in really cool ways: an anonymous person joined our monthly partnership team and we received several one-time gifts! He has provided close to full funding for our family.
On-Going Prayer Requests:
- For spiritual growth in our individual lives and in our family.
- For Ruth and Clara’s passport renewals to come in quickly so we can make decisions about the fall.
- For full funding by July 31. We are officially at 93%. That’s a 2% increase in one week!
- We are nearing the end of our Muslim Studies Course. Pray for us to grow in knowledge and for God to bring a Muslim into our lives for us to minister to.
- Quick understanding of and surprising success in French (and Kabiye) when we begin our studies.
- Smooth shipping and receiving of our container. It is currently being stored in Alaska and we plan to ship it when language school in France is nearly over.
- For teammates in Togo who continue to adapt to COVID-19 and it’s affects on life.
Have a great week!