Every time I have a work meeting (via Zoom, because #pandemic), I mention, “I have ### weeks left.” That number is quickly decreasing, and it is with mixed emotions that we say…
We only have FOUR Tuesday Talks to post while we are still here in Alaska!
Our goal is to be driving out of Alaska on June 8th… and after today, that’s only four Tuesdays away.
But let me back up.
Last week, we shared that our house was officially on the market. But guess what. Before the end of the day – before we’d had a single showing, in fact – we had already received an offer. A full-price offer. We were able to negotiate terms and within 48 hours of our house going on the market, we had a contract.
God. Is. Good.
We are anticipating a June 5th closing date, which is perfect with our plans to leave on June 8th (assuming we’re able to drive through Canada). We still hope to attend a 7-week language program this summer in Hixson, Tennessee before starting our official language program in France this fall. There are a LOT of moving pieces, though, and we aren’t sure how it will all shake out. But we know that God knows.
That being said, here’s how you can pray for us and with us:
- For God’s timing. We really need lots of little things to come together perfectly (i.e., we just sent off our girls’ passports to be renewed… and we really need them back before June 5th). And there’s no way we can do that. It has to be all God. Pray that His timing will prevail.
- For God’s provision. We are hoping to be fully funded before we leave Alaska. That means, we need just 12 more people or families to join the work God is doing in Togo and our partnership team at $70/month. God is fully able to do that, so we’re excited to see how He does.
- For God’s glory. The more I read in Scripture, the more I see that the purpose of everything is to glorify God. We really want Him to be glorified in this whole process. We aren’t seeking full funding so that we look good. Rather, it is so that He looks good among the nations. We aren’t praying for things to go smoothly so that we look like master planners, but so that the Master Planner Himself is praised.
We’ve had some people ask how they can help. Well, here are some ideas:
- Shelf-Stable Food Items. We want to pack some non-perishable food items on our container. If you’d like to buy a couple things for us to pack, here’s a non-comprehensive list of ideas:
- Baking Mixes: Cakes, brownies, cookies, etc.
- Bulk spices: Italian seasoning, Fennel, Chicken Bullion, Cream of Tarter, Chilli Powder, Ranch dressing packets, Allspice, Clove, Cinnamon, Dill Weed, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Ground Ginger
- Baking Goods: Cocoa Powder, Vanilla Extract, Maple Extract/Flavoring, Molasses, Brown Sugar, Chocolate Chips, Dried Fruit (like Cranberries)
- Coffee, Coffee Creamers (the powder or squirt kinds)
- Drink Mixes: Crystal Light Lemonade/Tea, Orange Water Flavoring (the squirt kind),
- Family Foods: Peanut Butter, Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, Goldfish/CheezIts*, Cheerios, Bear Creek Instant Soup Bags, Hard Candies
- Women’s Ministry Items. We are collecting some items to take with us for women’s ministry events (like retreats for Pastor’s wives). If you’d like to contribute in that way, here are some ideas:
- Nail polish
- Toe separators for pedicures
- Blank Notecards
- Babysit our Kids. While we finalize packing, house projects, shopping, etc., it would be super helpful to have a babysitter periodically. We’re flexible, so pretty much any time works for us. Interested? Let us know!
- Packing and Projects. Allen has a couple of construction projects he needs to do. If you like to build things, he would appreciate the help. And we are quickly getting into the “Big Awkward Things” stage of moving items into our container. If you like to carry Big Awkward Things, we’d love your help with that, too.
That’s it for today, friends. T-4 Tuesdays to take-off.
We love you all.
*Fun fact: Somehow, we started referring to Cheez-Its as “Goldfish Blankets.” When typing this list, I had to ask Allen, “What’s the real word for Goldfish Blankets?”