Last fall, we did a couple of posts all about, well, us: one about Allen and one about me. And in light of all the heavy and uncertain things going on in this world, we wanted to revisit those fun and random posts. So today, let’s Get to Know Allen (again!).
1. Do you have any pet peeves?
“Well, I know I have pet peeves… I just can’t think of any right now. Maybe people cutting me off when I speak. Like, when they do that constantly. Or when people ask me a question and don’t give me a chance to answer. That’s a pet peeve of mine.”
2. Which meal is your favorite: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
“Probably dinner because everyone is home.”
3. What song always gets you out on the dance floor?
“Ha. Umm… that’s a great question. I don’t know that any particular song, but 50s music, I guess…”
4. When you were a kid, did you eat the crusts on your sandwich or not?
“Yes. I thought it was weird when other people didn’t.”
5. What activity instantly calms you?
“Playing music…. on any instrument.”
6. Ideally, how would you spend your birthday?
“Adventuring with family. Could be camping or going on a hike, having a picnic at the park… just family time together doing something outdoors.”
7. What do you do on your commute to/from work/school?
“Usually I listen to a podcast and drive (hahaha). Usually I fill up the gas tank before I go. Sometimes I get a coffee.”
8. Do you have a favorite type of exercise?
“You could probably guess that one… running.”
9. What’s your favorite season and why?
“Umm… fall. I like the colors and cooler weather. It’s often overcast, which I like.”
10. What’s the best joke you’ve ever heard?
“Probably your olive joke.”
There’s a daddy olive, mommy olive, and a baby olive. One day, they decide to go for a walk and come to an intersection where they have to cross the street. Daddy olive looks both ways, sees that it’s clear, and crosses. Mommy olive looks both ways, sees that it’s clear, and crosses. It’s baby olive’s turn, but he doesn’t know to look both ways and begins to cross. Suddenly, a giant truck comes cruising down the street and smacks baby olive to the ground! Mommy and daddy olive race over. Mommy olive shouts, “baby olive, baby olive, are you okay!? Say something!” Baby olive says, “ol-live.”