You talk to us at work, school, or church. You see our social media posts. You read our newsletters and blog and watch our videos. But we want to help you know us, too. So yesterday, I asked Allen ten random questions so that you could get to know him a little more and his answers are below. Enjoy this little glimpse into who he is!
1. What’s your favorite way to spend a weekend?
“Umm… probably going hiking or a camping. I liked going on the retreat with the youth guys a couple years ago. I think that’s the last time I went camping. I also think a lot about the time we went camping in Seward for your birthday and there was a fire ban.”
2. What type of music are you into?
“Not Disney Princess music, though I listen to it often with the kiddos. I like 90s country and Gospel music.”
3. What was the best vacation you ever took and why?
“Our honeymoon was pretty nice, but I also liked our trip to Hawaii. It was nice because we just kind of did whatever. Our trips to Seward during the off-seasons are also a favorite because they are low-key; only the locals are in town, which is fun.”
4. Where’s the next place on your travel bucket list and why?
“I haven’t thought about that in a long time.”
5. What are your hobbies, and how did you get into them?
“Phew. Well, woodworking – that started in the Boy Scouts. I did a wood carving merit badge and enjoyed it. And before that, I did the derby cars in the AWANA program. That sparked my interest. I love the outdoors, playing music, and playing music outdoors. There’s something about playing a guitar by a campfire. Music obviously stemmed from family. Pretty much everyone sang and played growing up. I’ve been spending time outdoors and going on hikes and camping longer than I can remember.”
6. What was your favorite age growing up?
“Not this one. I get no sleep. Don’t put that in there. Growing up, probably 15 to 18. That was my time in the Boy Scouts. I liked the camaraderie and friendships I made.”
7. Was the last thing you read digitally or in print?
8. Would you say you’re more of an extrovert or an introvert?
“More introverted. It depends on the situation. I’m an introverted extrovert.”
9. What’s your favorite ice cream topping?
“Peanut butter and chocolate.”
10. What was the last show you binge-watched?
“Barbie Dreamhouse, but not by choice. The last one I chose to binge-watch was the new Lost in Space on Netflix.”
Thanks for answering my questions, Allen!