During our site visit, we had a chance to visit the Village of Light School for the Blind in Togo. Two ABWE missionaries (Rory and Kristy Moore) facilitate this ministry, which provides blind children and adults with an education and job training.
In March, the school’s kitchen caught on fire. After a couple hours of hauling water by bucket, and only by the grace of God, the fire was extinguished. No one was injured (except for some sore muscles and smoke inhalation) and the rest of the building was spared.
For several months, the students ate meals outside on the porches of their dorms. When we were at the school in May, we saw their porch-meal set up… and the ruined kitchen.
But this July, they were able to begin rebuilding! The project is nearly complete and tomorrow, a special service and grand opening ceremony will take place, with the building being dedicated to the Lord.