In two weeks (and one day), we will be heading to Togo via Seattle and Paris!
Speaking of Paris, Allen and I were both so sad to see what happened to the Notre Dame Cathedral yesterday. What a sad time in history for Parisians to see that landmark partially destroyed. May they all find comfort in Christ.
- Passports are all in hand!
- After a very rough week last week, Ruth and Clara are sleeping better.
- My parents bought their tickets to come up at the end of the month! They are staying with the girls while we travel and I am so so thankful they are able (and willing) to do that.
- Also, technology is so fun. Thanks to the ability to text pictures, my mom went shopping “with me” for a few new things. It was fun to get her opinion and thoughts in almost real time.
- Allen has not been feeling well. Lord willing, it is just allergies, but pray his congestion and coughing get cleared up soon.
- As always, pray for sleep. I saw this post yesterday and it made me laugh:
- Please continue to pray for our partnership development. It can feel lonely and overwhelming at times and it is easy to get discouraged. Please pray that our focus will be on the Lord throughout this process, however long it takes.
Today marks the 3rd anniversary of Allen’s mama, Brenda, going to be with the Lord. She was kind, generous, had a killer southern accent, and loved her family tremendously. She was gifted in hospitality and regularly opened her home to others to share a meal and life. We are thankful to know she stands completely healthy in the presence of God, but boy, we miss her.
Have a wonderful week, friends!