1 Thessalonians 1:3 “We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our LORD Jesus Christ.”
A few weeks ago in Sunday School, we read this verse as part of our lesson and I can’t stop / won’t stop thinking about it: Faith produces work. Love prompts our labor. Hope inspires endurance. And we praise God when we see those things in other people.
The Lord is bringing up the best partnership team we could have ever asked for. From mature widows to young adults, it’s so fun to think about how the Lord is using the faith and love y’all have for Him to work and labor alongside us, to endure with us in hope.
Some updated praises and prayer requests for this week:
- Time with family to rest and reconnect.
- Allen’s birthday is next week! I love celebrating birthdays, and you can bet your bottom dollar that we’ll celebrate him BIG on October 23rd!
- Allen starts taking college classes again in November and we are praying that God will provide a laptop before then. Our last one bit the dust (when young children stepped on it and broke the screen) a couple weeks ago. Pray also for a smooth transition as our schedule faces upheaval again and we settle into another new normal.
- Allen lost his voice yesterday, pray that he finds it again before Sunday – we are sharing our vision for Togo with a church that morning.
- Please continue to pray for Joan and Pastor Moussa as they explore the orphan ministry more in Togo right now. We are excited to see how the Lord will use our family to reach “orphans and widows in their distress” in West Africa, but there is much work happening right now behind the scenes in preparation for that.
We know that many of our friends and partners are facing huge things right now: work situations, family struggles, financial needs… we are praying with you through those things, too. The Lord knows you and He sees you.
Have a great week!