Every Tuesday, we post new praises and prayer requests and if there’s ever a week we need prayer, it’s this one!
- We are thankful to be HOME. Our little house never felt so welcoming as it did when we rolled in at 1:30am on Sunday. Thank you for praying for safety travelling. The Lord heard and answered!
- We have so much share from our weeks on the East Coast – quality content, sweet times with new and old friends, and adventures with family! Look for part 1 of that post on Thursday!
- I (Melissa) spent all day Monday sick. I was able to work for a couple hours in the morning, but after I came home around 9:00am, I slept for two and a half hours. I was sick several times throughout the day and at this point, I’m not sure if it’s pregnancy-related, some sort of bug, or just the culmination of weeks (months?!) of stress, travel, and fatigue. Either way, please be praying for my swift healing and energy. This is a very busy time for me at work, we had company arrive last night, and our girls need some semblance of normalcy in their lives.
- This week, Allen takes finals and wraps up his courses for the semester. Please pray for clarity of mind and time to study.
- Today, Clara has her one-year well-child visit and I have an appointment with my midwife. Please pray those go smoothly.
One day, while in our last week of training in PA, 1 Corinthians 2:5 really stood out to me during my Bible reading and I wanted to share it here, too:
… so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power.
Our faith is not dependent on what mankind says or expects. Our faith rests on God’s power. So many times over the last 3 weeks, we heard testimonies of how God acted miraculously to save and sustain the nations.
In this tough, exhausting, and puke-y season, I’m so thankful that our faith can be tried and true as it rests on the Lord.