Greetings from the East Coast! Over the last week and a half, we have been in Alaska, Washington, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia… and some of those states, we’ve been to multiple times already. We have put at least 500 miles on our rental car (praise God for unlimited mileage and cheap gasoline). And we still have four full days of training and one full day of travel ahead of us.
We’ve been posting quite a bit on Instagram stories, but here are some new praises and prayer requests for you warriors.
- We praise God for safe travels, welcoming hosts (thanks for having us, Dana!), and times of rest (like naps on the beach).
- The Missionary Enrichment Conference (ME) last week was encouraging and challenging. We loved hearing about the work God is doing in and through His people around the world. In Nepal, it is illegal to share the Gospel, but God has called faithful servants there anyway. In Togo and Bangladesh, those serving in hospital ministries are meeting physical and spiritual needs daily for locals and refugees alike in spite of intense personal loss. In South America, deaf ministry is flourishing as deaf missionaries share the Gospel through sign language. Praise God for His faithful work worldwide.
- We have loved getting to reconnect with friends from NMO in March and from our trip to Ghana last winter! What a blessing and encouragement they are to us.
- Allen, Ruth, and Clara are still feeling under the weather. All this traveling has taken a toll on us physically and emotionally. We are all ready to be home, so please pray for healing and endurance. As I read in 1 Corinthians 1 this morning, “God will sustain us until the end,” so please pray He does and that we find sustainment in Him alone.
- Safety as we travel back to Baltimore this Saturday to fly home.
Have a great week, friends!