“So when are you moving to Togo?”
That’s a question we get asked weekly, if not daily. Unfortunately, it’s kind of a loaded question with lots of variables! Let’s look at it backwards:
- Prior to landing in Togo, we have to attend language school in France.
- Prior to attending language school, we have to be fully-funded monthly and have our full Outfit and Passage (O&P) amount.
- When our monthly funding is at 85% and we have completed the pre-requisites, we are required to attend Field Prep Seminar with ABWE. FPS is held twice a year (April and November).
- When our monthly funding is at 50% and we have completed the pre-requisites, we are required to attend Essential Missions Components with ABWE. EMC is held once a year (July).
Of course, we are trusting in the Lord’s timing more than our own. We know that He has good plans for us, regardless of what timeline we throw out there. But ideally, this is what we’re planning:
- Achieve 50% funding by mid-June 2018 so we can attend EMC in July 2018.
- Site visit to Togo in September/October 2018.
- Achieve 85% funding by mid-October 2018 so we can attend FPS in November 2018.
- Achieve 100% funding by December 31, 2018 so that we can focus on raising the rest of our O&P.
- Allen finishes WBU courses in February 2019 and graduates in April 2019.
- Leave Alaska spring/summer 2019 and visit family, friends, and churches in the Lower 48.
- Leave for language school in France in August/September 2019.
- Head for Togo in summer 2020, after language school is complete.
We have surrendered our timeline and plans to the Lord. We are waiting for and trusting in Him! But we are also working, all for the glory of God.
“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.” – 1 Corinthians 10:31
Interested in partnering with us in prayer, financially, or on the field? Learn more HERE!